Christmas Is Still Coming Ribbon Slider Card

Hi there!  You didn't REALLY thin I was done playing with slider cards, did you?  I promise to have something else for my next card....but how stinkin' cute is this with the reindeer dragging his feet?  This is the L-1292 Christmas is Coming clear set.    I stamped the image on white cardstock and then fussy cut it, leaving a narrow white border.    I again used papers from the Echo Park The Story Of Christmas 6x6 pad.  I based the card on a piece of green cardstock measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.

The banner strip measures 5 1/4 x 1 1/8 inches.  The candy stripe paper measures 5 1/4 x 3 inches.
I cut my parallel horizontal slits 4 7/8 inches long, 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the card and 1 7/8 inches from the bottom of the card.  My vertical slits are 3/4 inch long and are cut 1/8 beyond the ends of the parallel slits.  I wove the ends of my 18 inches of seam binding through the slits towards the back of the card, over my horizontal slits.  I tied knots on the ends of my ribbon and then added some Doodlebug charms to the end for a fun, festive touch.

To finish the bottom of my card I ran a strip of 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch Scor-tape and covered it with You're So Fine Silver Medal Glitter .   I added some velvet trim to the bottom for an additional snowy touch.


Again, for this card I made two little paper loops to attach to the ribbon behind the elf and the reindeer to give the slider more stability.  I added two little sentiment banners and a few misc. snowflake button elements I found in my stash. 


www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Stamps: Christmas Is Coming Clear Set
Paper: Bazzil Cardstock, White Cardstock, Echo Park; The Story of Christmas
Ink:  Memento Black Tuxedo Ink Copic Markers
Adhesives: Scor-Tape, The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue,
Embellishments:  Ribbon, You're So Fine Silver Medal Glitter
Other: Ruler, Craft Knife, Cutting Mat

Comments

What a cute image Michelle - love it, and the fact it now moves on the ribbon.:-)
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts