The Best Things In Life...

Oh, I had fun with this card for The Rubber Cafe!  Included in this month's Love Makes You Family Creative Cafe Kit was a Signo Uni-ball Impact 207 pen.  If you follow my blog, you would know that I have fallen for the Zentangle-Inspired Art movement.  There is something so relaxing and satisfying about creating patterns....with simple lines that can frame or showcase any image.
To make this card I took a piece of the kraft cardstock and cut it to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  I free-hand drew the frame and then divided it into four similarly sized sections. 
I used the pattern Strimonds on the bottom of my card.  Next I  did a pattern called Chard, which you can see I have started in this photo.  The patterns are all easy to do, just break them down into steps and work your way through!
Next is a variation of the Tucson pattern.  Finally, I finished the background with a pattern called Tri-Linz.    You can find these patterns and many more online.   I have a hint for you when selecting patterns; alternate patterns with dark and light designs.  Similarly alternate rounded and linear designs for a pleasing effect. 

For a bit of contrast I used the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink in the kit and Mowed Lawn Distress inks to paint the background.  I smooshed them onto an acrylic surface, spritzed them with water and then painted them onto my background.   TIP:  For the lighter green areas, I spritzed the ink with water to dilute it further for a lighter value.


I stamped the images on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers and then fussy cut them before popping them up on foam tape.  The sentiments are stamped on kraft cardstock, and are trimmed to  2 x 1/2 inch and 1 1/4 x 3/4 inch.

Supplies: 
Stamps, Cardstock, Pen, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink:  Love Makes You Family Creative Cafe Kit
Copic Markers
Foam Tape
Scrap Happy Sheer Glue

Comments

Michelle it looks as though you have had a lot od fun making this card - the background is stunning!
Blessings
Maxine
stampingbowd said…
Wow! I didn't even realize you had created your own background, I was so busy looking at the pretty owls and birdhouses. Your background is quite stunning. You are a master zentangler that's for certain!

Popular Posts