You and Paper Piecing Make me Happy!

How about some more of the fabulous Pinwheels for today's card?  I decided the pinwheels from the Too Much Sun Creative Cafe Kit from The Rubber Cafe would be perfect to create a fun banner! 
To start off my card I did a bit of paper embroidery around the edge of a 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of designer paper.  I used 3 strand of embroidery floss from my personal stash. 

I stamped the pinwheels on the more solid designs of each color with black in.  Then I chose two slightly more busy patterns.   After cutting the pinwheels out, I placed my pinwheels on the card where I wanted them and then pierced a hole through the center of each pinwheel.  This allowed me to add the string for my pinwheels and have the placement right.
Here you can see I popped up the pinwheels on foam tape.  For the corner pinwheels I dressed them up a bit by stacking another pinwheel on top for a deluxe version! 

As a finishing touch I added a Jellie Dot to the center of each pinwheel.  This adds a bit of sparkle as well as covers up the holes I made when placing the pinwheels. 

Supplies:

Paper, stamps, add-on stamp set:  Too Much Sun Creative Cafe Kit
Jellie Dots
Foam Tape
 

Comments

What a fun and happy card Michelle - love it.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts