Clean and Simple Watercolor Card Set

I had fun making this set of cards yesterday after I saw a pin on Pinterest.  I had not tried this technique yet, applying ink to an acrylic block and then spraying with water before stamping on watercolor paper.  And, after I traced her post back to the post that inspired her...I think I shall try that technique soon as well!
For the look I got here, I inked up the long acrylic block with distress ink pads.  I stamped images on this one and words on the others before spraying with water and stamping onto my watercolor paper.
Once the images were dry I then stamped the images over the top with Versafine ink.  The pinecones are by Stampers Anonymous and the flowers are by Penny Black.
The beauty of this technique is that every piece ends up original.  I also love the use of white space which is something I often don't have on my creations.
I did decide to frame my cards with a hint of colored cardstock, but they could easily be left entirely white.
 I did add a few Newsprint Candi Dots to several of my cards just because I liked the balance it gave.
These are quick and easy cards that are perfect to give as a matching gift and are flat for mailing for those you send out. 

Comments

What a wonderful set of cards Michelle, and I am following the link to the blog that inspired you. Love the dimension the stamping over the distress inks on the block gives.
Blessings
Maxine
Crystal said…
I love the technique and your cards are beautiful! I want to try this out!

Popular Posts