Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Make It Sparkle!

It's Digital Tuesday, and this week's challenge is to Make It Sparkle!   

I chose to go with the Stained Glass digital image from McMahon Five Designs...yep you saw it here last week too, but I had a hoot printing the images out on some transparencies made for inkjet printers.  Now I can do my favorite glitter technique with digital images!

I printed the image and then applied the glue and Art Institute Glitters carefully to my image starting with the darkest colors first and working lighter.  When the image was dry I fussy-cut it and mounted it on cardstock and then foam tape for more dimension.

I framed it with a Spellbinders Beaded Oval die that I embellished with copper nailheads.  Check out that paper...it's called banana paper and is very textural!

My final touch was to layer my image on a Cuttlebug Tiffany embossed panel. 

Be sure to stop by the Digital Tuesday Blog for challenge and prize information and to see how the other designers let it SHINE!

4 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

this is gorgeous , love the sparkle !!
Paula

Sue Thompson said...

That is so sparkly, just love it.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Maya Ariffin said...

I admire your hard work producing this awesome card!!

Maya xx