Rubber Cafe Weekly Challenge

This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe is Christmas in July.    You know how hard it is to make wintery things when the temps in our area have been hovering near 90*?  This was truly a challenge!!

I decided that there would be no red and green for me....so I decided to make some whimsical ornaments since I wanted to play with my You're So Fine Glitter and some of the Scrap Happy Sheer Glue.

I took some white wood and wire ornaments I picked up a while ago and stamped Solid Leaf Pattern images that I *inked* up with Scrap Happy Sheer Glue randomly on them.  Next I covered the swirls with the You're So Fine Glitter in Silver Medal and Purple Dress.  Let the glitter and glue dry and then you can brush off any excess glitter clinging to the surface.  You are left with a fun glittery brocade design.

For my star and banner images, I stamped unages from the Ornamental Holiday set with black stazon ink on acetate.  I ran my acetate through my Xyron sticker machine, burnished the glue to the acetate and then applied my glitters. 

The images were fussy cut and then applied with foam dots for dimension. 

I hope you are enjoying the winter inspiration we're sharing this week!
Be sure to check out The Rubber Cafe Blog for all of the challenge details and PRIZE details!

Comments

Becky said…
These are stunning!!
Stunning - love the glitter and the simplicity of the accent over the background.

Would you like to share some of your heat with us - our outdoors temperature is about 5 oC!!
Blessings
Maxine
your ornaments are darling! And I would LOVE to share my heat with Maxine! 100* + every day is getting to me!

Popular Posts