McMahon Five Designs Release Day!

This is one of TWO posts today....so be sure to check out the other one for more inspiration!!  Enjoy!

I have a pair of cards for you today for the McMahon Five Designs release that are totally different in style!

My first card features an image from the McMahon Vintage collection called Sweet Summer Stroll.  I colored my image with Copic markers.  For a nice clean edge, I cut my image out and then layered it on white cardstock. 

To make my card feel more vintage, I keep my color scheme soft.  I used the Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder, some distressing, some prima flowers and a vintage button.  A touch of paper embroidery seemed to fit right in, dressed up with some beads.  I hand stitched the border of my card as well.

For my second card I used the Studio 313's Coco Loco set.  Again, I colored the image with Copic markers and colored my sky/sand with Distress Inks.  This card features real wood paper!  I used Birch Wood Paper as my card base and paired it with SU!'s embossing folder.  I was going for a beachy feel!  I used some fun paper scraps to embellish my card.

Be sure you stop by the McMahon Five blog to see the entire release and  what my teamies have been up to this week!

Comments

Wow Michelle these are amazing - love your vintage card - it looks three dimensional the way you have coloured it, and the mounting is stunning. I see you use copics - I must say you can make them sing!

Coco Loco is a real fun card and so cheerful! Love that wood grain paper.

Blessings
Maxine
Amy Johnson said…
both cards are absolutely gorgeous! Love the round shape and stitching in the first one, and I love the layers of circles and curved paper in the second card. The wood paper goes great with the image too!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Amazing work! I love the addition of the stitching with the beads- that is such a great look! Beautiful vintage card. The coconut tree looks awesome with the real wood paper.
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous! I love the embellishments around the circle.The colors on the other are so pretty together, very nice!
Aleigh said…
Love the palm tree!!!

Popular Posts