Let's Hear It For The Guys!

Today's challenge on the Designed2Delight blog is "Let’s Hear it for the Guys- Today is Husband Appreciation Day! In our card stashes, male cards are often few and far between! This week, let’s create for the guys in our life…husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, etc.

I went with Faith's new set called Birthday Brew! While most will go with this being an alcoholic brew....I went with the rootbeer sort of brew! We were just telling my son about the frosty glasses they used to bring out at A&W when we were kids! I haven't been there in years, but the memory is a great one! We were at Chili's recently and they serve up their bottled root beer with a frosty glass!

I colored my image with Copic markers and then added some translucent glitter for the frost on my glass! I colored and fussy cut the froth and candle, popping them up on foam tape for dimension.

I used BasicGrey's Archaic collection with chocolate truffle cardstock from Archiver's for my papers. A touch of doodling and a few buttons finished my card. The inside sentiment will be ...just for you!

Comments

what a cool card, love all the details you've done to it, it reall stands out. I can remember the A&W mugs frosted, yummy!
Paula
We had a drive in called Dog 'n Suds and it had mugs like this and all cold and frosty. Yummy!
Peggysue said…
Wow, Michelle, this is super! I love the doodled frame around the image. I can't believe how great your coloring of the mug is! Popping up the foam really looks good.
Hugs,
PeggySue
Faith S. said…
Love your doodles!! And the colors are perfect for your root beer!! I love how you created a frosty mug! Yum!
Rebekah said…
Oh yum, frosty glasses of A&W RB. We have one in a town near us and I just had some a couple of weeks ago!

Popular Posts