A Pair of CAS Yellow Foxtail Cards

This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe is to use our favorite Spellbinder's Die. Well...I don't have a one that isn't my favorite!! I chose one that I haven't used much yet...the Beaded Oval die.

For the smaller die panel, I distressed the oval with Frayed Burlap distress ink. For the beads around the outside of the oval I used Walnut Stain distress ink.

For the Yellow Foxtail, I put some Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge distress ink on my craft sheet and spritzed it with a sheer shimmer spray. I inked my stamp up in this puddle and stamped for a watercolored effect with a slight shimmer!

Many thanks is stamped in walnut stain ink.
Here is one more...for this one I just inked the image with Scattered Straw ink and did the rock and roll technique to hit the edges of the image with Rusty Hinge ink. This gives a more crisp and brilliant image.

I cut tiles from some orange corrugated paper that I've had in my stash for probably 15 years!
I used the scrap I had left as a design element on my image...it reminded me of one of those wide staples you sometimes see.

Happy Birthday comes from the Fruit Medley set and is stamped in Walnut Stain ink. The torn piece is a piece of bark paper that has also been in my stash for 15 years!

Obviously I'm not one of those people who purge my stash often....I do know what I have...and I get a kick out of it when I find something and use it up! Go me!!

What is YOUR favorite Spellbinders die?!

Comments

you did a fantastic job on both cards, love them!
Anne-Marie said…
I love the colours on both cards....I've noticed you have a good eye for colour combinations, lol. Haven't seen that oval beaded nestie, but like the effect very much....must look out for that one!
coldwaters2 said…
Wow Michelle these are stunning what beautiful designs and the image is awesome i love them both.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Popular Posts