Can't Wait To Sea You!

This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe was to use the paper piecing technique. This is a really fun way to color your creations without coloring them!

For my Fishbowl, I paper pieced the water using a darker piece of designer paper that had bubbles and waves on it. I stamped my plant life images from the Fishing For Details set. I did color them with a combination of copic markers and Prismacolor pencils.

For my sand, I used ScrapHappy Glue and real sand! The paper sort of shows through the sand, but it gives the illusion that you are looking through the glass and see the sand.

I stamped the sea life images on different scraps of designer paper and cut them out.

Comments

love the way you put the card together, the sand is cool idea.love the saying and the creatures turned out very colorful!
Paula
Shelly Schmidt said…
I first looked at this and was so impressed with your coloring- then I read the water was paper pieced- you are so brilliant! Cool effect- love the card!
Gail S. said…
I love how you used REAL sand!! Fun idea. Have a great Valentine's Day :)
Rebekah said…
Wow, this is awesome; love the corner "bubbles".

Popular Posts