I've had this image from a stamping party with my friend Marlene for *years.* In my normal fashion, when I'm having fun with a technique I tend to make LOTS of them and then they live in a pile somewhere for a lllloooonnnnngggg time until I find them again someday and make something with them!! I'm really liking how this card turned out!!
The rose (unknown source) was stamped in vesamark ink and then chalked in pink and green.
Today I added Close to Cocoa (SU!) ink with a sponge to age it a little. I stamped Happy Mothers Day (Printworks) in black ink. Next I faux stitched around the edge and distressed it for a shabby look before running it through my new Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug folder. Finally, I hit it with sandpaper to highlight the diamonds again. To finish the card I stamped SU!'s Linen background stamp in Close to Cocoa ink on some pink cardstock. The tan layer is from Bazzil. Ribbon is by May Arts.
Rita's Watercolored Background Tutorial!
21 hours ago