Spring Fling!

It's funny to me what a difference designer paper can make in the feel of a card! Guess that's not so surprising...but these have such a light and fresh feel to them....fresh like the weather here....supposed to get down to -13* tonight!!!! Brrrrrrr!!! I love the SAB sets from SU! this year....and Spring Fling is the paper set I've cut into...it's so painful making that first cut!!!
The circle scallop punch works so well with the So Many Scallops set....I love coordinating stamps and punches!! I stamped the flourish from Friendship Blossoms in Pretty in Pink ink on the pink panel, though it may be hard to see on the photo. The big brad is by Bazzil....and is too fun...found it in Archiver's clearance bin! I used various circle punces and Spring Fling papers to make the other flowers. The paper prima-like flower is a piece of the blog candy I won from Lori! Thanks SO much....I'm going to have fun with all the goodies you sent!!!
Another quick card....but I like the simple ones sometimes too. Stamps are by SU! and the papers are from the Spring Fling set. The center brad on this one is by bazzil as well...and I applied a rub-on by Basic Grey to the center for added interest. I also used my 1/8 circle punch on the piece behind the ticket corners....it's a fun and different corner treatment I thought.

Tomorrow I'm posting a card set that was inspired by my DSS on SCS....she sent a lovely card and that was my starting point. Not sure what you'll think of it...but hubby said they were *really pretty*....so I'll be anxious to hear what you think!!

Check out the Blog Candy Offering here....you still have time for this little project....I'd love to see what you come up with!!!!

Comments

ScrapMomOf2 said…
These are both fantastic! The first one is so bright and cheerful, and that big brad is amazing! I love the color scheme on the second card . . . it's so calming and pretty! Love the rub on on the brad! Great job on these!
Catherine said…
These are both so cute and spring-y! I hope the weather catches up with you soon!
Jacqueline said…
You definately have a great feel for combining elements and I love the yellow in your top card. Not an easy colour to work with I find but it is just stunning how you used it! Both cards are as pretty as pictures!
Jacqueline said…
P.s. Feedblitz doesn't seem to be working - so glad I took a peek at your blog!
Anonymous said…
very very pretty spring cards, love the colors.
Your hubby is bang on: they are delightfully pretty. The d.p.s are gorgeous and your layouts & details really make them special :0) Mel
Tonya Klar said…
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!!
Lizette said…
I like what you did with the rub ons. Great idea !
Love that scallop punch flower. Very cute.
...and I forgot to add...I'm just like you about cutting into the designer paper. It's just so pretty and I hate to cut it up!

Popular Posts