Perhaps Gift Set

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts...we did have a safe trip to and from Nebraska for my husband's grandmother's funeral. We did get snowed in, as our whole route home was in the path of the storm. We counted 91 cars in the ditch on the way home....so were glad we stayed back.

This is another of the gift sets I've been working on lately. This one is done using Basic Grey's Perhaps 6x6 collection.


The base starts out as a 6.25" Petal Folder by Paper Adventures. I simply folded up two of the petals to make the heart. I attached the paper that I cut into 6 inch circles with my Creative Memories circle cutters. The floral pieces are faux stitched...and yes, I did the curved pieces by hand. I also pierced around all of the white borders for added interest...and yes. by hand.

The little tabby is SU!'s Round Tab Punch and it is trimmed thinner. I saw this somewhere and I don't have a clue where right now. You punch your punch and then taking the punched out tab, insert it into your punch again to make it skinnier. I'm going to love this idea for ribbon ties. If this is your idea, or you remember seeing it somewhere, please let me know and I'd love to give proper credit to the smartie who thought of it first!! The heart rimmed tag is by Making Memories and I ran it through my Big Shot to crimp it....loving that little trick! The Marvy Scallop punch is dressed up with 1/8 inch circle punches. The pink and green decorative brads are by Making Memories and they look great with this designer paper.
These are two of the cards I tucked in the basket. They are simple and left unstamped so they can be used for any purpose. I had fun mixing the papers and the embellishments on these. I stamped Stampendous!'s ruffled flower in black ink on basic grey scraps and cut them out, layering them behind the Prima flowers. The pink flower has an EK Success gem in the center. The blue flower has a Making Memories decorative brad. Each square is faux stitched for added interest.
These are also very simple and are the same layout excepting for placement of the Stampendous! sparkle dot stickers on the SU! slit punched border. The papers from the set give the cards a totally different feel. The flowers are prima and the glittery brads are by Creative Imaginations.

Thanks so much for stopping by....and I'm looking forward to getting back to my regular posting again!!

Comments

Becky G said…
I'm so glad you made it back okay! I do not like traveling in wintry weather. It scares me when the big trucks go rolling by you like it's nothing!
Your cards and pouch are beautful! I love the different designs on each of the cards! Outstanding!!!!
Jacqueline said…
Glad you got home safely! Another beautiful creation - it looks like you really enjoyed making this whole outfit. Makes for a beautiful gift too!
L.A. said…
Happy to read you are home safely. I think the pouch and cards are great!

Lori SBS2
Anonymous said…
Glad you're back and with no incidents! I love your card. this is so neat.
Lori said…
Glad to hear you made it home safely! This is another lovely gift set. I really like all the flower embellishments you used.
Bonnie said…
Your creations are gorgeous! You have a beautiful touch to mixing and matching your colours and paper!
Welcome back. Another beautiful set - you have great style!
Sara Henton said…
Love this idea! Turned out great!!
Swamp Tulip said…
Wow - I love all of these. That paper is awesome. Your cards are so pretty. Super job.

Teresa
Tracy said…
Your cards are GORGEOUS Michelle and that card holder is rocking-awesome! WOW so beautiful! Fabulous job sister!
Aimee said…
What a beautiful set... love the pocket heart.
Niki Estes said…
That heart is so pretty! Great cards, too. Love the colors!
Anonymous said…
Wow This is SUPER cute! I love the soft colors. GOOD JOB!
Stampin' Meg said…
This is really beautiful!
Jackie Pedro said…
I love this as a gift set. Gorgeous!!!
Nardi said…
What a lovely gift idea. TFS!

Popular Posts