Inspired!!

This is the lovely Valentine card that started today's project. It is from my Secret Sister on SCS....not sure yet just who she is.....but I'll know in a month! I loved this card just as it is....the flowers and leaves have a dusting of glitter....and it's just so pretty! The main rose is done with the glitter and acetate technique....and I never thought to do that with this set either!

In fact....this project is the first time I think I've actually *used* this set....and now I'm wondering why!!! So thanks go to my DSS for inspiring me to pull it out....and here's what I came up with...
The background is done by stamping all three pieces of the rose on ivory cardstock. For the base rose I used Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery ink. For the middle layer I used Always Artichoke and Jim Holtz's Fired Brick Distress Ink and stamped it off once. For the sketch of the rose I used the same colors at full strength.

The next step I crumpled that baby up....several times!! Then I applied Fired Brick and Always Artichoke direct to paper, hitting the high spots. Then I took a sponge and added some muted smudging along with the additional color of Chocolate Chip. As a final step, I sent the panel through the cuttlebug script folder.....sounds like a lot of steps...but I love the look I got with it!

Other card info: May Arts Ribbon, Prima Flower, Making Memories Decorative Brad, Savvystamps Happy Birthday Stamp
This one I went just a bit lighter on the background colors and when I was finished I ran the Always Artichoke pad over the Cuttlebugged words...and I really like that effect too!

Making Memories Hardware, May Arts Ribbon

The final card in the set uses the other half of the torn sheet. I punched a circle out and layered it on the Martha Stewart scalloped circle and finished it off with a Making Memories Decorative Brad.

Cardstock is River Rock, Ribbon is May Arts, My Friend is by Wordsworth.


Thanks so much for stopping by...and I'd love to hear what you think!!!

Comments

Sally said…
Gotta love the Cuttlebug! Very pretty!!!
Debbi said…
These are all so beautiful, such elegant colors!
Bonnie said…
I LOVE them all! The colours are absolutely perfect and I always love cuttlebugging!!
Anonymous said…
I think you put some gorgeous techniques and elements into this and it all came together beautifully!
Karen Lindsay said…
Your rose cards are just beautiful! I wanna mke some just like them. :)

Karen
Lastel said…
They are all really gorgeous !
So very classy and stunning. Love the colours and the text (on the d.p. and how you've repeated it in the texture) WOW! :0) Mel
Catherine said…
Oh Michelle! These have to be the most beautiful and elegant cards I've ever seen!!!! You did such an awesome job! Truly amazing!! You should submit these for publication - maybe to the Stampers Sampler for their different point of view (I think that's the section where you use one stamp several different ways)!

PS - I got the snowman card yesterday - so cute! We are getting semi-buried again - 4-6 inches. I wish the Easter Bunny would hurry up and get here, and bring Spring with him! :) And I loved the die-cut shapes you sent - especially the dark blue scalloped circle that has a metallic sheen - so cool! Thanks sis!
Jacqueline said…
Well, I second the comment about submitting your cards! These are just beautiful Michelle - a gorgeous *mix* of colours and elements - very elegant too!
Tonya Klar said…
So beautiful!! I love your blog!!
Lori said…
These are gorgeous! The embossing and ivory ribbon are so elegant.
Crissy said…
Wow! Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous! Wow! I am really speechless. I just think they are beautiful. I am going to agree with the previous comments that you need to submit these cards! At the risk of repeating myself...wow!
Maria said…
wow, I love all the cards! The embossed background looks so elegant! All of them are beautiful!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria
ScrapMomOf2 said…
The card that inspired you is really spectacular, AND the cards that you made are equally wonderful! Just gorgeous! Somewhat of an elegant vintage feel to them . . . very pretty!
Unknown said…
This is so cool, love it, will have to give this a try I think

Hugs

Alex (SBS2 Sistah)

xx
Godelieve said…
I'm speechless! These are so gorgeous!
Laura said…
Your rose cards are just absolutely gorgeous! Just beautiful!
Betsy said…
these are really exceptional cards -- I agree with someone above, submit these for publication1 You and flowers certainly go hand in hand!
very vintage and shabby chic!!

Popular Posts