Basic Grey Chipboard Album #2

My son watched me make the 6x6 chipboard album for my daughter....and wanted to know when I was making him one!!! So...here is his! Hers was our favorite photos from her first year. For his I picked his 5th year since it goes so great with Basic Grey's Recess paper. Hers was full of ribbons and bling....his I tried to make more masculine. The larger star is by Creative Imaginations and is self-adhesive. The smaller stars are brads, source unknown. The 5 is chipboard by Basic Grey and is covered in Art Institute glitter. The alphabet is the Collage Alphabet by SU! Nicholas is stamped on vellum and then ran trough the Xyron. Tiny screw brads *attach* it to the distressed cardstock that has been faux stitched in black.
For each page in the album I used the computer for the journalling of his favorite things at age 5.
I also picked a word to describe him from a sheet of Crate Description Rubons. This page used a washer punch on coordinating paper and then sanded them for added interest. The notepaper stamp is from Inique Boutique and is stamped off in Creamy Caramel. Other than that I just added a bit of piercing on the SU! photo corner punch and photo matte.
For this page I repeated the washers and the piercing. The arrows are chipboard pieces included with the Basic Grey chipboard alphabet set I used. I colored them with an alcohol-based marker and then distressed with black ink as if he drove over them.


Comments

Tish said…
I just love this little chipboard book. It's so cute and I'm totally WOW'ed by the cover. Great job.
ElyBlair said…
love the pages! wonderful :)
Jacqueline said…
Gorgeous vibrant colour and pages! What a precious keepsake!
Tina said…
a wonderful clipboard-book. I love it!


Thanks for your blog-comment, Michelle.
The stamp is by the 2006 Collection. The name is "Whispers"

a wonderful weekend!

your sbs2 sista
Tina
Godelieve said…
This is just wonderful!! Gorgeous book! Fabulous embellishing.
MichelleO said…
Wow love this! I have a hard time with "boy" albums I just love bling so much! But this one is just wonderful, I have some great ideas now. Thanks
Lizette said…
I love doing small chipboard books too ! This can be a challenge with biys (I have 2). You did a great job !
Alhambra Club said…
This is a great album, love the cover and the pictures, something he will treasure always.
Marilyn said…
Love this album Michelle - chipboard is so much fun - you did a great job with this!! Love the retro boyish look - something rather difficult for me with all the flower stuff I accumulate!!
Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love this!!! And you think you don't do *shabby*. Sistah, this IS shabb-i-licious!!!

Popular Posts